Saturday, December 3, 2011

First test Ride!! WooHoo!!

I have a 50 Amp Anderson connector on order. I also want to add a keyed battery disconnect switch on the Lithium battery pack. I mounted the disconnect switch but, I will wait to do the final wiring when the Anderson connector is here.



But, I want to get a ride or two in before it gets any colder out side.  We are in the hi 30s today buy the wind is blowing making the wind chill in the 20s.  I used wire nuts to temporary connect the battery pack to the motor controller.  Cool! the fuse did NOT burn out when I connected the final battery connection and even COOLER when I pressed the thumb throttle and the hub motor spin to life!!

 Here is the location of the controller in the outer side pocket with it's associated wiring.
 Okay, every thing looks good, I did a final check of the brake adjustment.

Let's take it for a spin.............Our pet dog was sure she was getting left out of the fun!

I am impressed with the torque of the motor. The power comes on smoothly with the thumb throttle.
The bike was allot of fun to ride, I almost forgot how cold it was going into the wind, the addition of motor power made the ride into the wind enjoyable, but still cold.


After riding several miles I returned home and parked the bike in the garage, removed the individual 19.2 Volt batteries and put them in the 4-Way Craftsman recharger.

I went in the house to warm up!


No comments:

Post a Comment